These days, several people are suffering from certain eye problems. If you are one of them, then you must visit the doctor as soon as possible to get the right treatment on time. If you are suffering from dryness in your eyes, then you must read the given topic, because we are going to give you detailed information on this problem.
Dry eye syndrome is additionally known as keratitis sicca or xerophthalmia, which is explained as a persistent sensation of dryness of the human eyes. This is a too uncomfortable condition, which may affect your quality of life. You may find it difficult to open or close your eyes during work or drive because your eyes are severely dry. This disease can range from mild to highly severe. In this condition, you have to visit the eye hospital, so that you can get the right treatment to ease your discomfort from an eye doctor.
Symptoms of dry eye syndrome
As the name suggests, the main sign of this condition is dryness and irritation. But there are several other symptoms of this condition that you need to understand before undergoing any type of treatment option.
Some common symptoms of dry eye syndrome such as :
- A feeling that there is a speck of dirt in the eyes
- Burning eyes
- Itchy eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Painful eyes
- A stinging sensation of the eyes
- Blurry vision
- Sensitivity to light
So, if you leave this condition untreated then, you may experience severe conditions in the future include-:
- Eye inflammation
- Vision loss
- Corneal infection
- Corneal erosion
- Scarring of the eyes
- Corneal abrasion
There are several causes of dry eyes syndrome which are categorized in different parts like-:
You may experience dryness in eyes due to these conditions such as-:
- Air conditioning
- Cigarette smoke
This is another reason behind this dry eye syndrome condition due to decreased tear production.
This happens when a person is watching Tv continuously for several hours or computer use too. A person normally blinks every 12th second, but if you use a computer for a long time, you just blink twice every third minute. Other improper blinking issues are-:
- Certain types of thyroid diseases.
- Lid disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Foppy lid
- Progressive supranuclear palsy (PCP)
Medications which are responsible for this condition are-:
- The prescription acne drug Accutane
- Nasal decongestants
- Birth control pills
Autoimmune diseases include-:
- Rheumatoid arthritis affects certain body parts.
- Sjogren’s syndrome is a type of autoimmune disease in which your immune system attacks moisture-producing glands. This condition leads you to dryness of the eyes.
Several other reasons such as-:
- Wearing contact Lenses
- Laser Vision Correction
- Certain Eye Conditions such as Blepharitis is explained as an inflammation of the eyelids.
- The main treatment of this condition is prevention, you must start wearing glasses wherever you go. This will save you from environmental factors that affect your eyes too badly.
- You can also go with medications and artificial tears so that you can get rid of this problem properly.